Monday 16 May 2011

15 May 2011

well this last week has been a bit ruff we had transfers but nothing changed for the Spanish elders. We had a special meeting with President to discuss whether or not will will have the Spanish district back and we all decided that it would be best if we meet twice a month to have a type of district meeting. On how we can improve our areas and help each other with the language and the culture. That will be a great blessing. President said that the reason that he dissolved the language mission was for 2 main reasons, they are Geography and Pride ( pride meaning that it got to a point that one language felt that if they were called to English that it meant that they were not good missionary's.) So he got rid of the language districts and made the problems go away. So that's that.

I have a funny story now but at the time it was nerve racking....

We went to one of our investigators house and it was a nice day so we were contacting as much as we could. Some guy's punjabi's ( they are from a small country that I only heard of when I got here to Canada) said hello to us and asked us to come over, so we went up to them. We introduced our selves and asked how they were doing? At this point I smelt that they were drunk. They said that in about 2 seconds that they would be a hole lot better. Then they asked what we were doing? So we told them, " we are sharing a message about Jesus Christ and how is church has been restored". They then said "oh so he's back now?" We said "No he's not back yet". Then they asked "so when is he coming?", I answered " I don't know", He replied "YOU DON'T KNOW? DON'T YOU HAVE AN ITINERARY OF IT?", Elder Trader said "no man knows when he will come except the Father". Then they started playing really bad music in their car allot of cussing kind of rap. Then they really got aggressive. Well one of them did and said "you need to leave!", We said that were just visiting a friend. He said "what friend?", We said "Just a friend". Then he said "NO YOU NEED TO LEAVE, get in your car and leave!!!!!! or it will be a long walk home". Elder Trader then said "you don't own the street!". Then the guy started to find anything he could to start a fight, at first it was my comp.s name he said " I don't like your name leave now". Then the guy saw some cuts that Elder Trader got from working out that morning and said "looks like you've been throwing some punches your hands are all messed up". Elder Trader told him how he got them. The guy then went up to him and trying to intimidate us said "I am 240 and I work out and look at my hands not a scratch". Then a lady who was out side with her kids came up and said "Hey don't start anything there are kids around!". We said " sorry mam we don't want to start anything, we don't want trouble!" she replied " I know you wont I'm not worried about you but They DO!!!!!!". After that we decided to leave, I offered the angry one my hand to show him that I was harmless, he said " I don't want to shake your hand, Just get in your car and leave" so we left. We stopped by the street next to the cauldisac to make some calls, after a little bit they came in their car and flew in to the street barley stopping in time for another car to go by. They were half way into the street and then they just took off as soon as they could. So that is my funny/scary story that I have.

Well other than that not much has been happening. OH one other funny story we contacted a lady and she said " I don't believe in a religion that goes around peddling their religion". So we gave her a Mormon.org card and kept going but later I saw her again and she was talking to another lady. I couldn't hear what she was saying but I saw her throw the card into the street.

So there is two now I hope that will get a few laughs back home.

I am doing great I am working hard not hardly working.

Well a few things that I need 1) a Hug from my family. 2) a shipment of Nauvoo bricks for my comps and the mission President & his wife and for the new one coming in June. 3) Pictures of all my family. and I think that's about it. I hope that every thing is going very well back home. Oh I am going to apply for my BC license today :D :D :D :D :D :D :D will take picture to send next week.

Love Elder Ziegler

No comments:

Post a Comment