Monday 16 April 2012

16 April 2012

So things here are still hard work but we are still keeping at it. Elder Escobar our district leader was talking to us last night and he told us that he was very impressed at our diligence. Well if you know Vancouver you would know what he is talking about it's not the easiest area but it's not the hardest ether.

Any way it was kind of cool to see a change in myself not to long ago I was really thinking about what it is that I can offer to this mission and I was reading in my notes for preach my Gospel and I saw something that I didn't see before and that was I really wanted to become like my Savior and that was by doing everything I could to obtain for my self the Christ like attributes, and I saw that working on developing these became a part of who I am and I wanted them to be a part of who I will become. I also was really thinking allot about what it is that helps us develop a personal testimony that is so powerful that we give everything we have to the Lord. For some it is a miracle that happens in their lives, for some it is a simple witness that Jesus is the Christ and for a few it is a combination of both and then I was thinking about how do we gain that witness that the Lord is our Savior and it is the simple day by day choices we make to follow him and by that we develop Faith and that is when the miracle comes. I was just thinking that before the Spirit can witness to us of righteous actions we must first take that step of faith. so just like president Uchtdorf said "
Belief Comes One Step at a Time.

One dear sister had been a faithful member of the Church all her life. But she carried a personal sorrow. Years before, her daughter had died after a short illness, and the wounds from this tragedy still haunted her. She agonized over the profound questions that accompany an event such as this. She frankly admitted that her testimony wasn’t what it used to be. She felt that unless the heavens parted for her, she would never be able to believe again.

So she found herself waiting.

There are many others who, for different reasons, find themselves waiting on the road to Damascus. They delay becoming fully engaged as disciples. They hope to receive the priesthood but hesitate to live worthy of that privilege. They desire to enter the Temple but delay the final act of faith to qualify. They remain waiting for the Christ to be given to them like a magnificent Carl Bloch painting—to remove once and for all their doubts and fears.

The truth is, those who diligently seek to learn of Christ eventually will come to know Him. They will personally receive a divine portrait of the Master, although it most often comes in the form of a puzzle—one piece at a time. Each individual piece may not be easily recognizable by itself; it may not be clear how it relates to the whole. Each piece helps us to see the big picture a little more clearly. Eventually, after enough pieces have been put together, we recognize the grand beauty of it all. Then, looking back on our experience, we see that the Savior had indeed come to be with us—not all at once but quietly, gently, almost unnoticed.

This can be our experience if we move forward with faith and do not wait too long on the road to Damascus."

Are we waiting or are we on our way? well I was thinking about that and I thought that yes at times we wait for the Lord to tell us what to do even when he has told us "choose for your self"



Any way the events of this last week have been rather long and interesting it has consisted of finding and even more finding so we have had a lot of experience in that department. We also have a new missionary that is from Utah but just yesterday I learned something HE HAS BEEN TO ZIGGIE'S and he said that the hot wings nearly killed him lol and he told me that he met mamma, pappa and Hna. Ziegler well I was taken back a bit and when I came to my senses we went on with the day. well that is about all I have to write for this week ttynt, asta la aproccima samana!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment